1. Know the State of those around you.
2. Correct those around you who get off course, with gentleness, but staying true to the mission.
3. Carry each other’s burdens.
4. Be burdened by what burden’s God.
5. Carry your own load.
6. Share even the smallest victories.
7. Know what you are sowing.
8. Know what an opportunity looks like, and know what isn’t an actual opportunity.
9. Remind yourself daily that you do all things for the Lord.Each one of these has been sticking with me as each one holds it’s own challenge, but the one that I have probably focused on the most as of late is to Share even the smallest victories. I shared with our students this past week that we can often times make it seem like only the big victories are worth celebrating, but even looking at organizations like Alcoholics Anonymous or the like, celebrating baby steps is a huge part of their strategy. I challenged my students to share the smallest victories they have with each other and their small group leader, and I’m challenging our leaders to do the same. If someone has never read the Bible in consecutive days, I want to know when they do so I can celebrate that. Because for me, as I think on this, I can’t think of a better way to be reminded of the mission than celebrating every step that gets us there.
So I’d love it in the comments if you would share a small victory you’ve had this week, so we can all celebrate together.