A Letter to Adult Volunteers

in General on November 21, 2012by Ben_Read

Dear Adult Volunteer,
You are valuable in our student ministry. We believe you are the heartbeat of the student ministry. We believe you will make an eternal impact on this generation. Jesus trusted and empowered his disciples and the early church leaders (Acts 2:42-47). In the same way, we trust you to fulfill a role of investing into the hearts of students.

• You are vital to reaching this generation with ChristWe are honored that God has placed you here to lead. We’re committed to empowering and developing you! You impact on students will be lasting in generations to come.
  • You set the tone! You are the energy behind our purpose to lead students to imitate Christ and influence the world. God has now chosen you to play a role in implementing the vision.
  • Your leadership will result in lives changed. A changed life begins when students being a relationship with Jesus. You help them on the journey of discovering who God has called them to become. Your influence will help build community with students. You will help continue the process of change through discipleship. Relationships built upon God’s love will eventually result in life change in the local community.

What would you add to encourage adult volunteers? How important is encouragement in helping lead adult volunteers?

Ben Read at 1:38 pm

I think this is great stuff. I think you could go into a lot more, but it’s sometimes good to just keep it simple. We as the leaders of the Youth Ministry really need to constantly be investing in our volunteers that they are the ones who will make the difference. Good stuff, Josh!

Josh Robinson at 7:54 pm

It is easy to overlook our volunteers, I have before. But if we are continually encouraging them and letting them know the impact they are having, it helps them feel appreciated.

Jonathan Pearson at 5:00 pm

The difficult part for me is when the adult leaders have no desire to be invested in. Since I have been at my church, I have done everything I can think of to help grow my leaders, often to no avail. Obviously this doesn’t mean that I give up, but it can be frustrating.

Ben Read at 2:38 pm

Josh Robinson at 8:54 pm

Jonathan Pearson at 6:00 pm

Allen Posey at 7:31 pm

When I send out thank you letters I like to make them more personnel. Instead of using alot of pronouns using a person’s name goes along way especially if you spell their name correctly. I think it is important not only to invest in our students lives but invest in our volunteers lives as well.

Josh Robinson at 7:53 pm

Yes, thank you letters are a great way to encourage leaders. I usually send thank you’s throughout every other week, sometimes just a quick thank you and other times more specific. They need encouragement just as much as we need it

Allen Posey at 8:31 pm

Josh Robinson at 8:53 pm

Austin McCann at 1:51 pm

Encouraging our adult volunteers is huge. We need to do it every chance we get. Great stuff!

Austin McCann at 2:51 pm