Here is our first FREE Youth Series that we’re giving away. We’re pretty excited about this and hope it can be a great tool for you and your ministry. We envision this 3-week series being used to kick-off your fall programming. Getting connected to a ministry is vital! Use, Modify, and Share this series. Enjoy!
Week 1: The purpose of Connecting–Community
- Romans 12:3-5 (Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, all form one body)
- Explain who your ministry is and what you are about. Community mission, vision, and purpose.
- You have the opportunity to show that regardless of social status, everyone is one under Christ and that is the purpose of your ministry.
- Give your students something to be excited about besides a fun game. Elevate your experience.
- Opening Illustration: Bucky Balls (At their core, they are all the same. Searching to connect. Show how they connect.)
Week 2: The value of Connecting–Small Groups
- Romans 8:38,39 (Nothing can separate us from Christ), Mark 10:9 (What God has joined together), Acts 2:42-47 (Even though this was temporary at the time, it’s a model for us to connect with each other today)
- Opening Illustration: Stretch Armstrong or some equivalent, (Connected and cannot be torn apart / Choose a couple kids or give them away.)
Week 3: The result of Connecting–He’s/We’ve got your back
- Deuteronomy 31:1-8 (Joshua succeeds Moses, God goes before you and your community.)
- Opening Illustration: Saved by the Bell Clip: Jesse is so excited (We’ve got your back like Zach)
- Series Arch
- Corresponding Scriptures
- Main Series Graphics
- Sermon Text Series Graphics
- PSD Files (Change colors, etc)