No products in the cart.
We are sure there are some great books coming out in 2012 that we will all want to read as youth pastors, and we can’t wait to see the direction that Youth Ministry takes this coming year. But there are already thousands of books out there; not books just on Youth Ministry, but books that we feel would make us all better Youth Pastors if we read them.
So we compiled a list, not an exclusive list (we are open to your suggestions) but nonetheless, a list of books we believe would help Youth Pastors be better in 2012: Better Leaders, Better equipped to minister to Teenagers and their needs, Better at doing our ministries. We kept it at 12 because honestly, how hard is it to read a book a month? And this way, if you were to read all 12 of these, we believe you would be a much better Youth Pastor by the end of it (and these are in no specific order).
1. Onward by Howard Schultz
2. Middle School Ministry: A comprehensive guide to working with early adolescents by Mark Oestreicher and Scott Rubin
3. Stretch – Structuring your ministry for growth by Jim Wideman
4. Speaking to Teenagers: How to Think about, Create, and Deliver Effective Messages by Doug Fields and Duffy Robbins
5. Sustainable Youth Ministry by Mark Devries
6. The Slow Fade by Reggie Joiner, Chuck Bomar, and Abbie Smith
7. Next Generation Leader by Andy Stanley
8. You Lost Me by David Kinnaman
9. How to Ruin your Life by 40 by Steve Farrar
10. The Next Christians by Gabe Lyons
11. The Core Realities of Youth Ministry: Nine Biblical Principles that mark Healthy Youth Ministries by Mike Yaconelli
12. Sticky Teams: Keeping your Leadership team and staff on the same page by Larry Osborne
BONUS: Axiom: Powerful Leadership Principles by Bill Hybels
What do you think of our list? Any books you think we should add?