Below is a detailed outline that you can adapt and use for your upcoming mission trip. We’ve intentionally not written the actual devotions, because it’s important for you to put our outline into your own words. The devotional is broken up into 7 days.
1 | Travel Day
- Honeymoon stage (Everything is great, new, and exciting!)
- Preparing our hearts
- Have students write out their expectations
- John 15:12
2 | Your First Big Day
- Joshua 1:9, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Focus: Evaluate expectations
- What is something that I can bring to the team?
- 1 Corinthians 12:12
3 | His eyes, ears, and hands
- How are you being Christ today?
- Matthew 25:31-46
- Major focus on prayer today
4 | Looking for God
- Where is God working today?
- Matthew 7:7-8 (Seek, Knock, etc.)
5 | Living on Mission
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-58
- If your mission is just a trip, you’ve failed.
- The mission was given on the cross-VICTORY
- Don’t be a trip junkie
6 | Finishing strong
- What is something that you haven’t done yet and need to do?
- Easy to think, I’m ready for my bed…
7 | Going home
- What are you leaving?
- What can you take back with you?
- Sum up your trip in one sentence. What was THE best thing?